theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

SO help please

SO help please

Author
Armantha
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
punter99 - 14 Apr 24 11:39 AM
Armantha - 13 Apr 24 12:39 PM
Hi Quick question,I do not have a shpo order from the cat c none contacts offence .
I was wondering what’s the difference between the restrictions , as far as I can make out it’s only internet monitoring and I’m still subject to everything else ie no contact with under 18 unless adult is aware etc 

If you mean what is the difference between the SOR restrictions and those on an SHPO, then it is mainly internet and computer related stuff in an SHPO, but some SHPO have more intensive rules on contact. The only thing on the SOR is that you have to tell the police if you spend more than 12 hours in a home where a child lives, and that doesn't prevent you going to a home where a child lives, or having unsupervised access to a child, but an SHPO might add more restrictions on where you can go and it might allow supervised contact only.

punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)Supreme Being (55K reputation)

Armantha - 13 Apr 24 12:39 PM
Hi Quick question,I do not have a shpo order from the cat c none contacts offence .
I was wondering what’s the difference between the restrictions , as far as I can make out it’s only internet monitoring and I’m still subject to everything else ie no contact with under 18 unless adult is aware etc 

If you mean what is the difference between the SOR restrictions and those on an SHPO, then it is mainly internet and computer related stuff in an SHPO, but some SHPO have more intensive rules on contact. The only thing on the SOR is that you have to tell the police if you spend more than 12 hours in a home where a child lives, and that doesn't prevent you going to a home where a child lives, or having unsupervised access to a child, but an SHPO might add more restrictions on where you can go and it might allow supervised contact only.
Armantha
Armantha
Forum Guru
Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)Forum Guru (62 reputation)

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)Supreme Being (97K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Armantha - 6 Apr 24 2:38 PM
Hi was hoping for some advice please
i have posted before regarding my conviction of sharing a cat c image last year
Though my marriage had already broken down and we was living separately at the time of the offence ,my wife was always supportive and was until I have applied for  divorce.However now I have done so she is using the offence as a weapon  mentioning frequently and what I deem as threats to let it out even posting on social media indirect comments about it.

i am struggling daily with the anxiety of it coming out and worried about the impact on my small children and that  I will lose my Job if this happened .

There is probably not a lot I can do to prevent this ,but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience in preparing for it or how to put it across to an employer if it did 

Thanks in advance

Hi
It is good you have reached out as that is really the first step in resolving any type of stress .I would also stress that in my experience any relationship changes when the word "divorce" appears in a discussion so do not think it is all down to your offence.
As you have written, you have multi conflicts suddenly appearing but if I could suggest that the sudden change in attitude could be because they have been advised to behave this way; by their solicitor possibly? 
I'm not sure of your "assets" but possibly they are trying to use your offence to gain an upper hand when discussing who gets what! My ex and I agreed 100% on things prior to her discussing things with her solicitor so I know it is a possible strategic ploy used.

Children: If not already and depending on their ages they may all ready be suffering due to social services, friends knowing about your offence etc so all you can do is allow them to decide their own path, support them and ensure they know "you are there for them always and no matter what!"

Employer: I thought that the odds on were that your employer already knew about your offence but that probably is wrong. Again if you feel it is all going to become an issue face it head on and get in front of it. By that I mean if you know 100% they will become aware then discuss it with them - but from a positive perspective not in a self denial manner. Have ready "facts" i.e. what actions you are taking not to repeat it, contact details of your OM / probation officer / / supervisor that could offer words of your good contact and repentance etc. So positive information. 

As I have said before you should only focus on what you can control, but be knowledgable about the things you do not. Do not second guess what others will say / do.
Keep a diary of events so you are not reliant on a memory that is stressed and so could easily mix memories together.

We on the forum are here to listen and offer support but you make the decisions.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Armantha
Armantha
Forum Guru

Hi was hoping for some advice please
i have posted before regarding my conviction of sharing a cat c image last year
Though my marriage had already broken down and we was living separately at the time of the offence ,my wife was always supportive and was until I have applied for  divorce.However now I have done so she is using the offence as a weapon  mentioning frequently and what I deem as threats to let it out even posting on social media indirect comments about it.

i am struggling daily with the anxiety of it coming out and worried about the impact on my small children and that  I will lose my Job if this happened .

There is probably not a lot I can do to prevent this ,but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience in preparing for it or how to put it across to an employer if it did 

Thanks in advance
GO