theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Has anyone been granted travel permission from probation whilst on license on here?

Has anyone been granted travel permission from probation whilst on...

Author
stiched
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Can I just ask out of pure curiosity.

How would probation know whether one has been abroad in between meetings?

Surely if the non-travel condition was so strict then passport would be confiscated and returned on completeion of licence.

At any European and UK passport control - when the passport is scanned - does it show up that the person is either a) convicted, and or b) on licence.
stiched
stiched
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)

Blanket ban is outrageous. If there was meant to be punishment about going abroad then the ocurt should ban from travel, like directorships etc.

Of course I would never go without telling probation at the risk of recall. I was asking out of curiosity as I do not know why they have given me my passport.

I find it implausible that they have safeguarding measures. Probation has difficulty sending faxes from one organisation to another how are they going to know if someone has gone abroad for business or pleasure.
stiched
stiched
Supreme Being

The guidance clearly states that - the licence condition re travel - is not meant to be punitive.

To me this indicates that travel is related to risk only and not as an additional punishment.

If you have been on bail during trial, been to a d cat and conducted paid work and have never absconded.

I cannot see how travel can be refused.
stiched
stiched
Supreme Being

Does anyone know if it is possible to have one of the standard licence conditions removed with the agreement of the probation officer. i.e the one for travel.
stiched
stiched
Supreme Being

Just a quickie....if i have been granted permission to travel.........how does it work..does probation inform the passport agency? and then My licence condition is lifted from my passport details temporarily....and then put back once I return.?

I ask this as I do not want to be stopped and spoken to about my licence on my return as I am going with people who do not know im on licence. and do not want the embarrasment.

does anyone know how it works?
GO