theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Spent conviction shown on basic disclosure

Spent conviction shown on basic disclosure

Author
AW83
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)Supreme Being (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Well thats bull so for me I was fined £200.00 pretty sure it was just a fine for the courts "inconvenience" I didnt pay mine until January so thats does that mean I maybe in the same situation.

Thats a massive loophole aim and really Unlock will have bust some balls on that one.
Steve0606
Steve0606
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)Supreme Being (5.5K reputation)

What was your exact sentence and date of conviction?
james
james
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)

Hmmm

Tricky one this. I got a suspended sentence and was also ordered to pay court costs plus a victim surcharge amounting to £200.

Is this compensation?

I also paid mine about 3 weeks after date of conviction.
james
james
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)Supreme Being (3.8K reputation)

Thanks for the info! Given me something to look into and contact people about.

Feel for you aim. Hope you get it sorted soon which I'm sure you will.

James
james
james
Supreme Being

Yes it is.

I was very surprised when I found out that Disclosure Scotland were going to continue doing the basics despite an independence referendum around the corner (although unlikely to become independent but still!)

I'll try and contact them on Monday.
james
james
Supreme Being

....And just found out I am in the same boat as you aim, victim surcharge does count as a compensation order. eyes
james
james
Supreme Being

Not London unfortunately! I am optimistic however that I can easily find record of the payment somewhere!

Agreed. I'll give 'em a call Monday/Tuesday to tell them/seek advice. Perhaps you and others may want to do the same?
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

The Stig:

Moderated ...............................

Regardless as nicely put by nice try, the ROA and spent and not and cautions etc it really means nothing if employers and other companies such as dbs ( UK government) are counter working against the ROA Law by allowing illegal (criminal) checks to take place on a daily basis.

Still it does not surprise me considering Metropolitan police officers leak Criminal records to everyone as shown here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2621016/Met-shame-officers-leak-data-force-computer-criminals-300-uniform-civilian-staff-caught-abusing-system.html

And then the officers were simply sacked or resigned before being prosecuted.... or worse rehired later on

Post Edited By Moderator (Moderator) : 06/06/2014 12:05:36 (GMT+2)

Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)Supreme Being (41K reputation)

The Stig:

It does sound like its going off the old system, was not even aware basic disclosures were mentioning that much detail all that for a basic job stacking baked beans or working in a shop or office, complete madness that is uk.
Victor H
Victor H
Supreme Being

First I have heard of this but this is terrible news indeed

It could be that records take time to get updated I have long suspected some bloke in I.T tapping away with his keyboard simply pressing the delete button on some guys criminal conviction. The issue being is no one knows the exact process and who exactly is doing the updating, I also reckon someone does know this guy and department and has his number but it may be that its just a process of updating each record to comply with law etc

Perhaps unlock can advise here on any way to get this updated quicker?

That complaints email you said is invalid so one has to dig further I would also suggest writing a complaint headed letter (recorded delivery) to scotland disclosure since they hold information regarding you which is incorrect and illegal by law and demand the information be updated or altered to comply with law. Someone has to do something at that point as in someone who knows something.

Remember you may be an ex-offender but everyone is a criminal in this world and just like yourself you can use the law against them.
GO