theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Will it show on DBS?

Will it show on DBS?

Author
coco98
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi guys further to my topic on getting my caution i need to know if it will show up on a DBS check. I work in the financial sector in a non management admin role. My simple spent caution for drunk and disorderly and assaulting a police officer while executing arrest is longer than six years old now.

I think that both of those are on the filtered list and I’m hoping that both will not now appear on a standard and enhanced check unless I’m applying for roles working with children or vulnerable people. The online form for agencies now poses the question for you have a criminal record?’ - you can answer: No, Yes - spent or Yes - unspent. I think I can now answer no to this? Is that correct?

My worry is I don’t disclose and it comes up or I do disclose when legally I don’t have to and I don’t get the job.

Thanks
Hola
Hola
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

coco98 - 28 Dec 19 8:23 AM
Hi guys further to my topic on getting my caution i need to know if it will show up on a DBS check. I work in the financial sector in a non management admin role. My simple spent caution for drunk and disorderly and assaulting a police officer while executing arrest is longer than six years old now. I think that both of those are on the filtered list and I’m hoping that both will not now appear on a standard and enhanced check unless I’m applying for roles working with children or vulnerable people. The online form for agencies now poses the question for you have a criminal record?’ - you can answer: No, Yes - spent or Yes - unspent. I think I can now answer no to this? Is that correct? My worry is I don’t disclose and it comes up or I do disclose when legally I don’t have to and I don’t get the job.Thanks

a caution from so long ago is spent do simply don't disclose and move on ! Smile
Miguel
Miguel
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)Supreme Being (6K reputation)

The only way to know is by making a SAR:
https://www.acro.police.uk/Subject-access

Edited
5 Years Ago by Miguel
coco98
coco98
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)Supreme Being (2.7K reputation)

I have applied for one but that’s what Into the police hold on you not what a dbs check would disclose isn’t it?
AB2014
AB2014
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)Supreme Being (159K reputation)

coco98 - 28 Dec 19 12:39 PM
I have applied for one but that’s what Into the police hold on you not what a dbs check would disclose isn’t it?

Cautions can be filtered after 6 years, and they are all treated individually, not like convictions. Drunk & disorderly and assaulting a police officer are both eligible for filtering, so they shouldn't be shown on a standard or enhanced DBS check any more.

=========================================================================================================

If you are to punish a man retributively you must injure him. If you are to reform him you must improve him. And men are not improved by injuries. (George Bernard Shaw)

GO