theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

NHS BSA Job Offer

NHS BSA Job Offer

Author
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I would defo give it a go, the document produced by the NHS Employers should be being used and if not questions need to be asked why. How much money did they waste in producing it if its not being used please keep us updated 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I’ve actually decided to fight this a little more because after reading the information Unlock have posted recently about working in healthcare and then linking to the 32 page pdf document that was produced this year.

It seems the organisation have not followed what’s in it, they don’t seem to have considered all the information and for some reason have failed to respond to emails regarding seeking information in terms of a risk assessment.

I think my next step is to put a formal complaint in about how they handled it and also ask for a SAR in relation to all data held in relation to my application and subsequent decision to withdraw the job offer.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I did try to ask some follow up questions but the woman has ignored my emails.

My conviction is not spent for 1 year 9 months so didn’t think it was worth chasing for answers.

You think it would be worth chasing after all this time?
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)

I was reading this article on Unlock about an NHS  job application. It highlights how challenging the employers decision can work, despite there being no official appeal process. 

https://www.the-record.org.uk/unlock-people-with-convictions/i-was-one-decision-away-from-a-different-life-challenging-an-employer-secured-me-a-voluntary-role/
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Thanks you. Makes me more determined to carry on to make successful applications and try and find an employer that might give me the chance. In the meantime it gives me good practice.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi mark sorry to hear about this good luck in the future 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Now*
GO