theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Can You Travel to Vietnam With a Criminal Record?

Can You Travel to Vietnam With a Criminal Record?

Author
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I am interested in visiting my boyfriend in HCM Vietnam later this year, if covid allows. I am on a 10 yr SOR. Here is what I found. if anyone has other information please share :

Yes, in most cases,
 it is possible to visit Vietnam with a criminal record.As a rule, Vietnamese border authorities do not run a detailed background check on travellers’ criminal histories. The country’s immigration officers do not have access to criminal records in other nations.This should not be taken for granted, however. Border officials may refuse entry to any traveler at their own discretion.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Harry53 - 8 Jan 22 10:55 AM
I am interested in visiting my boyfriend in HCM Vietnam later this year, if covid allows. I am on a 10 yr SOR. Here is what I found. if anyone has other information please share :

Yes, in most cases,
 it is possible to visit Vietnam with a criminal record.As a rule, Vietnamese border authorities do not run a detailed background check on travellers’ criminal histories. The country’s immigration officers do not have access to criminal records in other nations.This should not be taken for granted, however. Border officials may refuse entry to any traveler at their own discretion.

Hi
As I assume you will still be under PPU for your visit, please see my other posts as your first huddle will be your PPU consent as SE Asia is classed as a high risk area.
Everything else I feel you would be very lucky; using my experience (when I visited when I was on bail though)
I have found (11 yrs ago) which ever border you crossed the experience was different. 
Good luck

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Harry
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

JASB - 8 Jan 22 2:08 PM

Yes, in most cases,

Hi
As I assume you will still be under PPU for your visit, please see my other posts as your first huddle will be your PPU consent as SE Asia is classed as a high risk area.
Everything else I feel you would be very lucky; using my experience (when I visited when I was on bail though)
I have found (11 yrs ago) which ever border you crossed the experience was different. 
Good luck

Thanks. I would not expect to get a green notice as he knows I have a boyfriend there and that I am 100% clean now; however who knows what might happen when immigration view.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Harry53 - 18 Jan 22 3:45 PM

Yes, in most cases,

Hi
Good luck

Thanks. I would not expect to get a green notice as he knows I have a boyfriend there and that I am 100% clean now; however who knows what might happen when immigration view.

hi
Good luck, as i mentioned i have many happy memories of visiting again.
If you could and as i would like to visit again please update us on if you are successful

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Harry
Harry
Supreme Being

JASB - 18 Jan 22 4:20 PM

Yes, in most cases,

Hi
Good luck

hi
If you could and as i would like to visit again please update us on if you are successful

I will. I cannot get my money out of Vietnam unless I go there and can't wait to see him and savour the food and culture
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Harry53 - 20 Jan 22 11:38 AM
JASB - 18 Jan 22 4:20 PM

Yes, in most cases,

Hi
Good luck

hi

I will. I cannot get my money out of Vietnam unless I go there and can't wait to see him and savour the food and culture

Hi
Money; I was the same with Thailand and had to write it off. Unless you have someone you trust to take it out and send it to you that is.

Everything else: Sorry it is an undisclosed part of the punishment. No matter the distance the pain is the same but it will ease because you cannot let be the sole focus of your life

GO