theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

No Equipment Getting Returned Currently

No Equipment Getting Returned Currently

Author
J J
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
khafka - 19 Oct 20 10:06 PM
Nudged them again at the end of the week. Also enquired as to who/how I'd complain to as I thought it was ridiculous its taking so long.

Got no real response to that but was informed they have passed it onto my local station! For the 3rd time...

They did mention the delay was due to COVID but then I pointed out the country went into lockdown on the 23rd of March. My guilty plea was tendered in about August last year, I think, I was sentenced at the start of February. The notes did state they'd only hold onto things as long as it is relevant to the investigation. Once they submitted their final report and dismissed my other equipment as being clean then surely they are no longer relevant?

One of my big gripes is I don't really know who is the issue here. If it is the Procurator Fiscal, my local station or the initial arresting detective in charge. They all seem to be blaming each other.

Yeah I had equipment seized 2017, I got it back 2019 following an investigation...
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)

So my question was ignored, yet again. Got this response this morning.

Good morning,

I have forwarded your email onto the [LOCAL CITY POLICE] office for their attention.

Their email is : FAberdeenSolemn@copfs.gov.uk" target="_blank">PF[CITY REDACTED]Solemn@copfs.gov.uk if you would like to contact them directly in the future.

Many thanks

[REDACTED]

Fiscal Officer

So, do I start badgering that email address instead?

Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)

khafka - 26 Oct 20 3:41 PM
So my question was ignored, yet again. Got this response this morning.

Good morning,

I have forwarded your email onto the [LOCAL CITY POLICE] office for their attention.

Their email is : FAberdeenSolemn@copfs.gov.uk" target="_blank">PF[CITY REDACTED]Solemn@copfs.gov.uk if you would like to contact them directly in the future.

Many thanks

[REDACTED]

Fiscal Officer

So, do I start badgering that email address instead?

I can definitely relate with frustrations about getting your stuff back. I guess the only thing that's stopping me from saying 'yes, follow it up' is I think pretty much every public sector is up against it at the moment. Especially police, when they're having to respond to calls like 'hi, there is a group of 7 over the road, not 6' and arresting and fining a student, £6,000 for going out for a meal during quarantine... ! So, I doubt our needs are high on their priority list. I'd suggest wait until after Christmas if you can. I want to bug them about my SAR but I don't think I'm going to get very far either. It's just crazy times at the moment.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)

So I did get a response from my local department late on Monday.

Good evening, 

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay.  I have passed this on to a legal member of staff and I will be able to update you tomorrow of the outcome.

Kind regards

[REDACTED]

Fiscal Officer
Sheriff and Jury Team

I never got the update the following day...

khafka
khafka
Supreme Being

Did get an update this morning! Looks like good news! BigGrin

Good afternoon,

Further to my pervious email, I can confirm a Depute has authorised the release of your items.  A representative of Police Scotland will be in contact in due course to arrange the collection of your items.

Kind regards

[REDACTED]

Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)

khafka - 28 Oct 20 4:16 PM

Good afternoon,

Further to my pervious email, I can confirm a Depute has authorised the release of your items.  A representative of Police Scotland will be in contact in due course to arrange the collection of your items.

Kind regards

[REDACTED]

Great! Nice to have a bit of good news.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being

Mr W - 28 Oct 20 5:44 PM
khafka - 28 Oct 20 4:16 PM

Good afternoon,

Kind regards

[REDACTED]

Great! Nice to have a bit of good news.

Tell me about it!

Just wondering how I'm going to get it all home now, the station is a bit of a trek and I don't drive. From memory there were 2 laptops (Windows and Linux) and a mini-server along with a couple of mobiles and about 10,000 USB drives. I'm sure I'll figure something out. Probably easy to just get a taxi.

Hopefully it isn't another 2 years until I receive the letter telling me to pick it all up! haha

khafka
khafka
Supreme Being

Well, long time coming but I finally got my stuff back today! I was told they'd be returned within 28 days in December 2019. I get COVID threw a bit of a spanner in the works but that didn't really kick off until about March 2020.

Either way. Finally! I thought I would just update folk if they're still waiting for theirs!
GO