theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Problems replying to post

Problems replying to post

Author
jimmy456
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)Supreme Being (571 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm trying to post a topic and keep getting an error, is this a forum issue?
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Hi All

So sorry for the ongoing problems with theForum. We are continuing to work with our Forum developer to rectify the issues you're having in posting to some of the forum threads. 

To free up storage capacity, it may be necessary to permanently archive some of the older posts (those posted prior to 2016) which we intend doing over the weekend of 6 and 7 February 2021. We will of course endeavour to keep any older threads which contain information and advice which is of particular interest or relevance. 

In the meantime, may I thank you all for your continued support and don't hesitate to get in touch with the helpline if you require any information or advice. 

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)

Ooh maybe not as positive as first thought then.
lotsofquer
lotsofquer
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)Supreme Being (9.7K reputation)

I rung Unlock before Christmas and they said they were working on it then and it would hopefully be resolved in a few days.  Haven't followed up since then but obviously a few days have passed since then

Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)

At least they have acknowledged they know about it now.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I got a response today from my email to say their forum developers have been informed of the issues and they are working on them.
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being

Your probably right. We should all be thankful that there is a forum and it’s free to use but it is annoying to think all it probably need a a quick button press somewhere to update everything.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

If the rule for most is to work from home then my guess is those who maintain the forum simply can not access it from home to fix the issues. And if lock down is now apparently going to last till July 17th, I doubt the issues will be fixed till after that.

Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being

Sometimes at the moment it’s not even letting me log in it seems to be getting worse.
khafka
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)Supreme Being (32K reputation)

Still totally broken for me too.

I did email off over a week ago and haven't gotten a reply. I don't think that email inbox is monitored, sadly.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I’m still experiencing loads of issues using the forum.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Anyone noticed an improvement?
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

From my observations, the issue seems to be with replying to specific comments where it uses quotes. Although by using the reply button further down still shows the error saying something is wrong, it still proceeds to post comments or creates new topics.
My experience in web design / forums is limited, but my guess would be features the forum uses are in need of an update. Given the circumstances with covid, it might not be possible for someone with access to proceed with updates.

I am sure it will fixed as soon as possible though

Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being

Hopefully it gets fixed soon
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Tried loads, both on phone, and laptop, plus different browsers. Still won’t work. I’ve emailed the forum email address again.
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being

I can only see two reply’s that say testing but they are on page two maybe try again and see if it goes to the next page.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Not sure if this will will come through but it still won’t let me reply to the thread you created.
GO