theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

NHS BSA Job Offer

NHS BSA Job Offer

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Unfortunately my job offer has been withdrawn.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Nothing yet.
They did agree that none of my restrictions would interfere with the job.
She said it wouldn’t be her decision, so it’s a waiting game.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi Mark 

Thank-you for up dating us, i hope you were able to get something positive from the call, have they given. You any idea as to there decision yet 

all the best 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Further update:
They have followed up with the disclosure.
Just had a conference call.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

They use a website called Trac. I received everything through there today.

It’s got a checklist to complete. It goes like this:

Personal details - completed
DBS - completed n/a for role
References - requested
Occupational health assessment - questionnaire sent

No mention of my declaration on application form.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

The email states they will be in touch soon with details of the conditional offer, I’ll keep you updated.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi Mark 

I will hold my hands up there it seems that the NHS have changed there process, will teach me to keep updated, seems new processes came into place around march time and unless the job is in a position of trust then no DBS is undertaken when talking about jobs that come under the ROA, will be interesting to see how many NHS trusts follow the guidelines set out by NHS employers 
Edited
3 Years Ago by Simon1983
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

That’s rather confusing.

As the advert and job description both state no DBS check required and the NHS BSA guidance I read states a check will only be necessary if the role is deemed to need one.

So either they have asked the question on the form when they haven’t need to or their guidance is wrong.

I’ll just have to see what checks they ask me to complete.

I thought they would have followed up on the declaration as they said because last time I applied for an NHS role with a different area I declared and they wanted the details before the interview, although I was unsuccessful after that interview.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being

Hi Mark 

That’s great news on the job front, well done,
When people are  successful in  getting a job with the NHS you have to complete a model declaration form there are two versions one if the job is exempt from the ROA and one for if the job comes under the ROA.

Just be mindful, you mentioned your job fulls under the ROA, the NHS as part of there recruitment process will still undertake a basic DBS check

Well done again  
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

That should read. “This hasn’t happened yet”
GO