theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Travelling to Egypt with a SOR

Travelling to Egypt with a SOR

Author
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Harry,
If you are still on the register the likely hood is that your PPU officer will place a green notice on your passport, and when you go through passport control in Egypt it will flag and they will most likely ask you a lot of questions as to if they let you in then thats the million dollar question 

If you are no longer on the register then do not even think of disclosing, the Egyptian authorities do not have access to the Police national computer so will never know.

Hope this helps 
Harry
Harry
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)Supreme Being (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have a friend in Egypt I want to visit and I have seen a sample  visa form which, at the bottom says : Applicants with previous convictions should declare their convictions below or on a separate sheet.

Now I have a spent conviction so am considering not admitting it as it is spent. 

Does anyone know if this will cause me a problem?
GO