theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I sat and spoke with one solicitor who kindly gave me 1 hour 30 mins of her time to discuss my SHPO in detail. At the time I didn't know what I know now in regards to whether the SHPO was smith compliant. She never even mentioned it herself which makes me wonder how well known being smith compliant really is, but she did have issues with some of my restrictions. Eventually she told me for her to proceed and get my SHPO clarified it was going to cost me £750. Another firm wanted the same money for just reading an email detailing my SHPO restrictions.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I’m going to see if the other solicitor replies.

I told the chap that I would let him know.

The advantage is, there’s no time limit, they said the consultation would take as long as it would take to get through everything i want to discuss.
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)

If you think £750 for an email is bad I had to pay over £6k for my solicitor to sit next to me during a no comment interview. My solicitor was great but some times there fees are enough to make you cry. If the £180+Vat is not time limited then it definitely sounds an ok enough deal but would still wait to hear what the other one says.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Yeah I’ll hopefully have a reply from the other one this coming week.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Spoke to a few more today, in the end I’ve went with the first one as they have no time limit on the consultation.

I’ll ask about the smith compliant thing, I’m also going to see if I can get clarification on a few points, alongside this with the mention of polygraph testing last year I’m going to see what he has to say.

They said they would go through anything I wanted in relation to the SHPO. Any suggestions on what else I should ask? Use my lovey wisely kind of thing.
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)Supreme Being (6.3K reputation)

I would ask them about your first condition on your shpo mine originally was ment to be written almost the same as your but it was the judge who actually pointed it out and said having to notify social service was unnecessary kept it to just notifying the parents.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Would you be willing to share some minor details of your offence and sentencing? Such as, were you given a suspended sentence? how long does it say your SHPO lasts? How long do you have to sign the register?
In your case I would question the legality of the SHPO, as your previous barrister stated no SHPO will be drafted but still received one after being sentenced?

GO