theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Good idea with Pastebin. Password: B2vdh4TTQf  https://pastebin.com/R20PJZ4w

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

I think what I’ll do is I’ll try and approach a local solicitor and just ask if s/he can look over my order etc and make sure it’s smith compliant.

I don’t have an issue with reporting the router or anything else for that matter, if they want all the paperwork that’s up to them to sit there and process it.

My main worry as I’ve already mentioned was the fact when I was convicted and sentenced I already had a router and they knew this but they wanted no details. I would have no proof that the conversation took place or what was said. Therefore they could say I’ve breached but then again, how do they prove it too?

My anxiety has just shot up this week.
lotsofquer
lotsofquer
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)

I wouldn't worry about the previous router.  Your orders clearly state "within 3 days of aquisition".  You did not aquire the previous router after your orders came about - it was already something you had so it would be a complete waste of time for them to try breach you for something you aren't required to do.  Also if I recall correctly you mentioned that you told them who your ISP was so they know you have the internet. Given they weren't interested and clearly know that you have internet then again trying to breach you is just a waste of everytimes time and likely they will be laughed out of court.  If they were to go down that route then any first year law student would be able to get that thrown out. Not a lawyer btw but just my two cents.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

I appreciate the comments. As I’ve said before I suffer with anxiety and I am a natural worrier so I tend to over think everything.

It’s arrived about 5 minutes ago so I’m going to head over in the morning to report it as a new device.
lotsofquer
lotsofquer
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)Supreme Being (9.8K reputation)

Reply to Khafka's post above.
Password f8ucbyrGq9
https://pastebin.com/pZKhkF3i

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and did some research online and contacted 2 firms of solicitors yesterday.

One lad rang me back this morning and asked for more information on what I wanted. He said he would need to speak with a colleague as he’s not sure if this can be dealt with under legal aid or if I’d have to pay as a private client.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Just an update, the lad rang me back and said it couldn’t be covered on legal aid. It would cost me £180+VAT.

Is that normal? Or should I shop around more.
Blueman202
Blueman202
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)Supreme Being (6.5K reputation)

They are probably charging you an hour minimum charge. £180 sounds quite reasonable for a lawyer for something simple like this it’s probably not worth getting an expensive lawyer.
GO