theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I appreciate the replies.

I suffer really bad with anxiety and take medication so I really struggle sometimes with this sort of thing and thinking I’d be the one that got a bollocking for them not recording it.

I think also it comes down to individual officers and how they work and interpret things.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

I understand completely, I too struggle with anxiety from time to time. I have made complaints relating to my own conviction and SHPO which honestly seem to be falling on deaf ears but I am not giving up. Give yourself time to absorb the info and then when you feel ready to start challenging things speak to a few solicitors and question whether your SHPO is smith compliant.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Thanks! It’s not nice!

I just worried because my first officer retired. After conviction/sentencing which was nearly 3 years ago we set up an initial meeting to go through things, all he asked for was details about my phone, my phone provider and broadband provider, so he clearly knew I had a router but asked for no details.

My worry was if they were to get my report of a new router and they say m “oh there’s no record of your first router” and try and suggest I failed to tell them. I’d have no proof as it was a face to face meeting just me and him.

The wording of the Shpo is confusing too as it talks about acquisition of a device so that seems like new devices not exdisting ones held before conviction.

I just worry too much.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)Supreme Being (25K reputation)

I understand how hard it is not worry, given the limited knowledge police have when it comes to technology. If your first officer failed to obtain the details of your previous router and the new officers try to make it an issue, you can simply state you offered it for inspection but he declined to record the details. Then explain your order states to notify of new devices which you have done with in 3 days of acquiring it. Because you have offered it it is then up to the officers how they proceed. My old PPU always appreciated my calls if there was anything I was unsure about as in his eyes that was me making sure I am following my order.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Thanks for the reassurance.

My current officer did actually say to me, I’m the only one on his caseload that asks questions and asks for clarification.

He knows I have a new router coming and he said just report it three days from receiving it.

So I should stop worrying really, just in my nature I think.
lotsofquer
lotsofquer
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)Supreme Being (9.9K reputation)

Unable to post long response related to the SHPO conditions so trying pastebin.  Password is WKBucACAr7
Link is https://pastebin.com/ufht4GU6

GO