theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
"but unless you have an active SOPO or SHPO that compiles you to enfrom PPU of all your social media and emails"

SOPO / SHPO should not contain any such order to give information beyond the notification requirements. SOPO / SHPO can only give negative orders to prohibit what an individual can do and can not contain any positive action, including orders to give information which is considered a positive action and is a misuse of the SOPO / SHPO. Such orders are disproportionate and should be challenged immediately
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)

Sadly there are many SOPO and SHPO out there that state you have to give police details including passwords of accounts, of social media email etc etc, yes they have been challenged but sadly not always overturned it’s why the new police crime and sentencing bill has made an amendment for SHPO/SOPO to contain positive actions so it is then covered fully by law then no legal challenges can be made

xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

"new police crime and sentencing bill has made an amendment for SHPO/SOPO to contain positive actions so it is then covered fully by law then no legal challenges can be made"

Could you find a link on this?

Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)Supreme Being (28K reputation)

Sure here you go 
https://bills.parliament.uk/publications/42132/documents/484#page164
this is the bill as has been passed by the House of Commons and is now in the lords for approval, the loads have made it know that they will not be making any major amendments, the section you want to look at is Claus 149 and it states 
A sexual harm prevention order may— 10
(a) prohibit the offender from doing anything described in
the order;
(b) require the offender to do anything described in the
They are using this new bill to clamp down on a person convicted of a sex offence 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

I’ve been asked before what my email address is but it’s not a requirement that’s mentioned but I have never been asked for passwords.

I’ve never actually been asked specifically with regards to social media. I’m not on anything anyway.

Although FB was mentioned once because i know it’s in their terms of use/conditions that convicted sex offenders can’t use the site, so really anyone with a SO shouldn’t be. However, terms of use/conditions surely isn’t law, so therefore if you chose to use it, the police couldn’t prosecute?

As for other social media platforms I have no idea what there terms of use or conditions state.
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)Supreme Being (38K reputation)

Well, this is hilarious and why I get so frustrated with my current force. Re: Facebook and passwords… Force A said: “What’s your password for Facebook, you don’t have to give it if you don’t want to,” which was kind of him and he almost laughed it off, and obviously I said I don’t want to give it and there was no issue at all.

Then moved house, Force B: “Why are you on Facebook… T&Cs blah blah… “ deleted it off my phone and threatened to get in touch with Facebook. I actually rang Force A and explained what had happened, they said that’s wrong. So I said to force B you can’t do that, I put it back on my phone and they haven’t said anything since.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Mr W
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being

It gets more stupid as time goes on, each force does its own thing and we are in the middle, yet it will be us up in front of the judge when it goes wrong. One of the biggest bugbears i have is how different forces interpret the resetting of the clock when it comes to notification some of the Horror stories i have seen on here in past posts over the years.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Ive started to learn to query everything, get it in writing and save it all, I was also advised by a solicitor and I don’t know how much it will really help but to write a record of every visit, what was asked, mentioned and said to the best of my ability, add date and fine and who was present and keep that too. I have 1 year and 9 months left and I can’t wait to have it all end.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

That should read date & time.
GO