theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Simon1983 - 6 Apr 20 6:24 PM
Hi JASB

the register states that if there are any changes to your notification requirements like bank accounts, moving home, travel overseas then you must inform the police. 

Once you have done this, your notification requirement resets to 12mths from the date you informed them of the changes,

if during this 12mths you inform them of another change then your notification date resets for another 12mths 

I am speaking of my experience with the Met police

Mark15788 makes a point that he has it in writing from his PPU that his date has changed.

another example in may 2017 I signed the register Due to a new bank card, then in December I informed them of travel abroad, this moved my date to dec 2018, in Dec 2018 I gave them travel details again this meant my next sign date was Dec 2019, in Oct 2019 I gave them new card details and this has moved my sign date to October 2020

when I came out of prison in Jan 2010 I signed the register,I then moved in March 2010 and signed the register again, each time giving new details the 12mths reset. And each new next notification date was written on the bottom of the paper work signed 

all the best 

Hi Simon1983,
I am not doubting your words aIl I am stating is the way the rules have been enforced on me by 2 different forces.

All this shows is that in reality, there is no common understanding of the SOR policy being implemented.
In other words; and as was said to me, "we do things proper here not like other forces" and so their strategy for caring for ex-offenders is based on their belief/concept of "rehabilitation".

Will see what happens when my bank cards dates are renewed and have to inform them.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi JASB,

I don’t think that for one minute, you make a lot of constructive comments to the forum.

We all hear a lot about how different PPU teams work, and across the country it seems they all interpret the following document as they see fit.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/755142/11.18guidanceonpart2ofthesexualoffencesact2003.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/372190/FREQUENTLY_ASKED_QUESTIONS_-_update.pdf

if you have not seen these documents they are a good read and worth keeping some ware safe.

keep safe 

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Simon1983 - 7 Apr 20 3:51 PM
Hi JASB,

I don’t think that for one minute, you make a lot of constructive comments to the forum.

We all hear a lot about how different PPU teams work, and across the country it seems they all interpret the following document as they see fit.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/755142/11.18guidanceonpart2ofthesexualoffencesact2003.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/372190/FREQUENTLY_ASKED_QUESTIONS_-_update.pdf

if you have not seen these documents they are a good read and worth keeping some ware safe.

keep safe 

Hi Simon

Thanks for the links which I will read shortly. I am actually going to clarify again with my PPU as soon I will have to update them as my bank cards expirey dates will be changing.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Yankee
Yankee
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)

My personal experience:

When I changed address and signed the paperwork at the police station, the clock reset and the next annual notification was 12 months later. Same when I added a bank account - 12 month cycle restarted.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Yankee - 8 Apr 20 2:38 PM
My personal experience:

When I changed address and signed the paperwork at the police station, the clock reset and the next annual notification was 12 months later. Same when I added a bank account - 12 month cycle restarted.

Hi

Again thanks and I am waiting for a response.

Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Mr W - 3 Apr 20 2:35 PM
Simon1983 - 3 Apr 20 1:47 PM
Hi Mark15788

Your new annual registration date would be December 2020.

Under the SOA the clock resets every time you supply new information and resign the paperwork.

The same would be if you were to notify them of travel overseas, it would make your next registration date 12mths from the date you went into the police station and signed the paperwork.

For future advice I would not call 101 they will have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, they are civilian police staff.

Go direct to your allocated PPU officer, and if you ever want anything checking on the advice they give you then come back to the forum or contact Unlock direct for advice.

all the best   

Hi, I wasn't aware of this:
The same would be if you were to notify them of travel overseas, it would make your next registration date 12mths from the date you went into the police station and signed the paperwork.

My anniversary is June, but I did go on holiday overseas and notified in November, so does that mean my anniversary has moved from June to November now?

Small update from me, I tried to call my ppu about my annual notification twice last week but her phone was switched off (on different days) and on the second day I tried to contact my previous ppu and her phone was off too...! Anyway, today I've just received a phone call from my ppu and she recorded my annual notification over the phone. That's that for another year.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi Mr W 

just goes back to my earlier point that PPU interpret the rules different ways. One word of advice make sure you have in writing that your annual registration has been done as if you carefully read both the SOA, SOA guidelines and guild lines issued by the collage of policing it makes no allowance for undertaking annual registration other than at a prescribed police station. But as I said last time we live in strange times and these acts were written with no thought of a national pandemic 

stay safe
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

I forgot about this thread.

In terms of what I was asking.

I thought my annual notification would have been April but was told December.

This was further confirmed in a letter on headed paper that it would be December this year which was sent when COVID hit us all as my force sent letters with regards to what police stations were open and included dates as a reminder.

Safe to say April has long passed us and I’ve had no one turn around and say I elapsed.

I registered a new phone in October so again I don’t need to attend next month as this resets me again until October 2021.
punter99
punter99
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)Supreme Being (53K reputation)

Mark15788 - 18 Nov 20 10:02 AM
I forgot about this thread. In terms of what I was asking. I thought my annual notification would have been April but was told December. This was further confirmed in a letter on headed paper that it would be December this year which was sent when COVID hit us all as my force sent letters with regards to what police stations were open and included dates as a reminder. Safe to say April has long passed us and I’ve had no one turn around and say I elapsed. I registered a new phone in October so again I don’t need to attend next month as this resets me again until October 2021.

Does a small change in circs reset the annual notification? If it does then you could just report change of circs and never need to do a full annual notification ever again.
For example. First annual registration is Jan 2020, next one due Jan 2021. But in December 2020, you report a new credit card, that resets your annual from Jan 2021 to December 2021. In November 2021, you report another new credit card, resetting the annual notification from December 2021 to Nov 2022.

JASB
JASB
Supreme Being

Mark15788 - 3 Apr 20 7:39 PM
That’s why I have it confirmed in a text message. That would be sufficient , right?

Hi mark,

Concern with relying on text messages; I had blackmail text messages sent to me on my mobile in case on a future issue with the authorities. The issue did arise but unfortunately issues with my mobile meant it would not switch on. 
I tried numerous businesses to try and retrieve the messages but none could access its storage. I gave the Solicitor and Police all the information but they did not go to the ISP to ask them for a copy - in the knowledge a mobile phone operator only keeps records for a year.

My advice is to see if you have the software to backup or view your mobile phone text messages then either print or screen grab a copy - ensuring you include relevant dates etc - of them for retainion.

I hope this helps as nothing beats a hard copy.  

GO