theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Monitoring Software

Monitoring Software

Author
khafka
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)Supreme Being (33K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mo22 - 11 Jan 24 2:03 PM
Hi guys hope all is well and you had a nice Xmas and have a good new year. I’ve finished my probation now so a few more years shpo. I had a visit from ppu with two other tech guys to check my router. The last visit with a tech guy was some time ago but it was just one hefty device he hooked up but this time was a small laptop with a device that’s hooked on back of the their laptop and they were moving it around like some sort of detector verifing the devices. Is this new tech they using or something that been around for a while would anyone know. I wanted to ask questions but officer obviously talking to me about other things. I was all clear much to disappointment to officer face when they said everything fine lol.

It's nothing something I'm aware of but if he's moving about like that my gut feeling is it's something that is looking for devices connected to Wi-Fi and/or 4G to see if you have any hidden internet devices you've not declared.

Richie
Richie
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)Supreme Being (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mo22 - 11 Jan 24 2:03 PM
Hi guys hope all is well and you had a nice Xmas and have a good new year. I’ve finished my probation now so a few more years shpo. I had a visit from ppu with two other tech guys to check my router. The last visit with a tech guy was some time ago but it was just one hefty device he hooked up but this time was a small laptop with a device that’s hooked on back of the their laptop and they were moving it around like some sort of detector verifing the devices. Is this new tech they using or something that been around for a while would anyone know. I wanted to ask questions but officer obviously talking to me about other things. I was all clear much to disappointment to officer face when they said everything fine lol.

Almost certainly looking for undeclared devices 
It is not any type of tech that I have ever come across. To be fair though I never had a visit from a tech guy, all of my visits are just 2 standard officers who appear to have some basic training of what to look for. When I first had monitoring software installed it was obvious that it was the first time the officer had installed it they kept asking me questions as they know I have an IT background! 

GO