theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Morning,

I was convicted April 2018 and then went on to my annual registration in April 2019.

In December 2019 because of my SHPO I also reported a new device, my police force just record this on the usual registration form.

I then thought my annual registration would be April 2020 but I’m told the date would of restarted in December so it’s December 2020.

Is this correct?

I asked for verification from my risk management officer and he confirmed over text that it was December 2020.

My probation officer said it might be best to speak direct to the team in the police so I rang 101 and they transferee next to someone who said they were too busy right now to go by whatever the correspondence (text) said.

Just has me slightly worried now.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Hi Mark15788

Your new annual registration date would be December 2020.

Under the SOA the clock resets every time you supply new information and resign the paperwork.

The same would be if you were to notify them of travel overseas, it would make your next registration date 12mths from the date you went into the police station and signed the paperwork.

For future advice I would not call 101 they will have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, they are civilian police staff.

Go direct to your allocated PPU officer, and if you ever want anything checking on the advice they give you then come back to the forum or contact Unlock direct for advice.

all the best   
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Simon1983 - 3 Apr 20 1:47 PM
Hi Mark15788

Under the SOA the clock resets every time you supply new information and resign the paperwork.

The same would be if you were to notify them of travel overseas, it would make your next registration date 12mths from the date you went into the police station and signed the paperwork.

For future advice I would not call 101 they will have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, they are civilian police staff.

Go direct to your allocated PPU officer, and if you ever want anything checking on the advice they give you then come back to the forum or contact Unlock direct for advice.

all the best   

Thanks for that.

It was my allocated officer that text me the date, so I obviously have the text anyway to show this.

I also spoke to him on the telephone last week just to double check and he said the same that the date restarts, so that's reassuring.

Alongside this I still have my copy of the form that was completed in December 2019, which shows my personal details, and the new device information and serial numbers and next to things such as passport and bank details they just wrote "no change".

Thanks for the clarification because it has helped to settle my worrying, because I naturally worry abut every small thing, so my anxiety is always high.

Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Simon1983 - 3 Apr 20 1:47 PM
Hi Mark15788

all the best   

Hi, I wasn't aware of this:

My anniversary is June, but I did go on holiday overseas and notified in November, so does that mean my anniversary has moved from June to November now?

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

That is correct if you went in too a police station and made anew notification as to your location Because you were going over seas then the correct process is that your next notification period would be 12mths onwards, unless you made a new notification.

As i would alway advise email your PPU officer and ask for confirmation so you have it is writing.

If they don’t give you anything in writing make the contact to them in June to say you believe its your annual notification and see what they say

Trouble with PPU i have known many officers interpret the rules differently so its why it should alway be written down so you have a record.

Alll the best  
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

That’s why I have it confirmed in a text message. That would be sufficient , right?
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being

If your happy with that and ensure you keep the txt safe it should be fine 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Yeah.

End of the day after what information you provided me and the fact I know I last went to the police station Dec 2019, plus the officer confirmed that’s when the 12 months would restart, having a copy of the form and a text with the date in, there’s nothing more I could of done to check.

My anxiety has decreased.
JASB
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)Supreme Being (95K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Mark15788 - 3 Apr 20 10:35 AM
Morning,

I was convicted April 2018 and then went on to my annual registration in April 2019.

In December 2019 because of my SHPO I also reported a new device, my police force just record this on the usual registration form.

I then thought my annual registration would be April 2020 but I’m told the date would of restarted in December so it’s December 2020.

Is this correct?

I asked for verification from my risk management officer and he confirmed over text that it was December 2020.

My probation officer said it might be best to speak direct to the team in the police so I rang 101 and they transferee next to someone who said they were too busy right now to go by whatever the correspondence (text) said.

Just has me slightly worried now.

Hi
Sorry to disagree but the April date is the annual signing not Decemeber - gained from my experience.

I am saying this as I started  signing some months prior to sentencing. The release date I was required to sign the SOR, then on relocation, and numenrious bank details changes. All that did not alter the annual signing date.

So unless the policies have changed in the last 2 years - since my relocation etc I have to disagree.
As ever I would get offical clarification in writing.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being

Hi JASB

the register states that if there are any changes to your notification requirements like bank accounts, moving home, travel overseas then you must inform the police. 

Once you have done this, your notification requirement resets to 12mths from the date you informed them of the changes,

if during this 12mths you inform them of another change then your notification date resets for another 12mths 

I am speaking of my experience with the Met police

Mark15788 makes a point that he has it in writing from his PPU that his date has changed.

another example in may 2017 I signed the register Due to a new bank card, then in December I informed them of travel abroad, this moved my date to dec 2018, in Dec 2018 I gave them travel details again this meant my next sign date was Dec 2019, in Oct 2019 I gave them new card details and this has moved my sign date to October 2020

when I came out of prison in Jan 2010 I signed the register,I then moved in March 2010 and signed the register again, each time giving new details the 12mths reset. And each new next notification date was written on the bottom of the paper work signed 

all the best 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Simon1983
GO