theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Rossendales and contribution order?

Rossendales and contribution order?

Author
The Pineapple Thief
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm in a similar situation with Rossendales. I was granted full legal aid (eventually), had my case dealt with in August and a few weeks ago had a letter asking for a couple of thousand due to owning two houses!! I don't own two houses and they claim that I have an extortionate amount of equity in the house. To cut a long story short, I've had correspondence with them including complaining about how they were harassing me for money before my Legal Aid was granted. I got a sort of apology from them but they still want the money. I'm disputing it as the ex and I have agreed a 70/30 split in her favour but they want legal documentation to back that up. The fight goes on...

I haven't stolen any Pineapples, but they are a great prog rock band!

I havent stolen any Pineapples, but they are a great prog rock band!
The Pineapple Thief
The Pineapple Thief
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)Supreme Being (9K reputation)

Hi E72

As link said, that doesn't sound good. Hopefully you can take a little heart from my dealings with them.

Rossendales are after ~£2,000 from me and despite three requests so far, they haven't provided me with the full details of how they arrived at this sum. They've said that it's the "equity in my house" so I asked them for calculations of how they calculated this equity, what valuation they put on the house etc. and when I received a phone call from them a couple of weeks ago, I was ready to tell them that any further contact from them would result in a complaint direct to the FSA. They did confirm that they hadn't received my last letter so I couldn't really fault them. I did manage to get an email address to send my correspondence to so I sent my letter with a request that they acknowledge receipt. I received no receipt but a phone call last week to them confirmed that they had received it and they had sent an acknowledgement. I hadn't received it (via email) so they sent a replacement and I received that through the post a couple of days later and they have said they will respond in the next 14 days. They have 5 days left....

The Pineapple Thief
The Pineapple Thief
Supreme Being

My master-stroke is that their initial claim is based on me owning a 50% share in the house. Due to my impending divorce, I have had to settle for 30% which swing the odds enough in my favour to tell Rossendales to go forth and multiply. I'm making them work whilst I get the proof though.

It will be worth getting in touch with some of the debt charities for advice and assistance - Stepchange for instance. They have some great advice regarding this sort of thing and it's where I got the details of how to complain to the FSA due to their persistent phone calls chasing me for Legal Aid which was wrongly assessed when I was first arrested.

Good luck and don't let them grind you down.

Dontknow
Dontknow
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)Supreme Being (394 reputation)

Hi I was reading on here u was charged with a section 18 well I have aswel. The post I read was dated 2012 what happened. As I have ran a trial and gone not guilty
link
link
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

I figured I'd update the few people who pop in from time to time as to the final outcome of my dealings with Rosendales... 

After going down the whole complaints route with the LAA and getting nowhere I went to the parliamentary and health service ombudsman, after a year of investigating my complaint they have ruled in my favour! Legally I'm restricted from revealing the full details but needless to say I was right and they were wrong, any debt has been cleared and I've got a juicy compensation cheque coming my way!

Just goes to show never give up hope.

Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

link - 11 Mar 17 5:11 PM
I figured I'd update the few people who pop in from time to time as to the final outcome of my dealings with Rosendales... 

After going down the whole complaints route with the LAA and getting nowhere I went to the parliamentary and health service ombudsman, after a year of investigating my complaint they have ruled in my favour! Legally I'm restricted from revealing the full details but needless to say I was right and they were wrong, any debt has been cleared and I've got a juicy compensation cheque coming my way!

Just goes to show never give up hope.

That's great new Link. 

Congratulations.

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
GO