theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Author
east72
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Cc did that letter arrive as interested in what their final wording was ?
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Yankee - 28 Aug 20 11:54 AM
CC - 24 Aug 20 5:48 PM
Finally got a clearer explanation from a nice lady at LV. It seems that LV have changed their wording on the question of convictions.  It goes like this,,, If you have an old unspent conviction( more than 5 years) and you have been with LV for more than 3 years then there is no need to worry your policy will be renewed automatically.

However if you do not fall into this category then unfortunately you will NOT be invited to renew your business with them. New applicants with any unspent conviction of any duration wont be accepted  .

I have heard back from my hoiliday home broker Insuremylodge and he has provided me with a broker who is"willing to look at individuals who have unspent convictions. They are Bond Lovis and can be contacted  on 08009177355.
As my policy is unaffected by the changes LV have put in place I will stick with them so have not tried Bond lovis.
I am awaiting a letter confirming the above from LV.

I used Bond Lovis for home buildings and contents insurance. Efficient service, just asked for factual information about conviction which they included in their statement of facts provided to their underwriters and came back with some quotes. Premiums obviously much higher than normal which was to be expected - I just had to accept that until my conviction was spent when I could revert back to the mainstream insurers.

Hi Yankee, good to know you got some cover but sadly no surprises about the loading,  for me my offence although 16years ago won't be spent for another 6 years. Seems an eternity to be paying for my offence but I've come to accept it for the most part.
Yankee
Yankee
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)Supreme Being (58K reputation)

CC - 24 Aug 20 5:48 PM
Finally got a clearer explanation from a nice lady at LV. It seems that LV have changed their wording on the question of convictions.  It goes like this,,, If you have an old unspent conviction( more than 5 years) and you have been with LV for more than 3 years then there is no need to worry your policy will be renewed automatically.

However if you do not fall into this category then unfortunately you will NOT be invited to renew your business with them. New applicants with any unspent conviction of any duration wont be accepted  .

I have heard back from my hoiliday home broker Insuremylodge and he has provided me with a broker who is"willing to look at individuals who have unspent convictions. They are Bond Lovis and can be contacted  on 08009177355.
As my policy is unaffected by the changes LV have put in place I will stick with them so have not tried Bond lovis.
I am awaiting a letter confirming the above from LV.

I used Bond Lovis for home buildings and contents insurance. Efficient service, just asked for factual information about conviction which they included in their statement of facts provided to their underwriters and came back with some quotes. Premiums obviously much higher than normal which was to be expected - I just had to accept that until my conviction was spent when I could revert back to the mainstream insurers.
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Not yet, I'll give them a few more days.
east72
east72
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

Did you get the letter ?
CC
CC
Supreme Being

I'm guessing that being a quite large company it takes a while to get the information to  all advisers but that doesn't help you sorry, I had the luxury of time to persist until I was satisfied with  what I was being told.

My concern if you can call it that is I am not an "unknown quantity" to them which is to say I have been with them for quite a while but I am under no illusions that if I  was to for any reason let my policy laps they would never take me back.

When ( as we all did) I was arrested many years ago the rug was completely  pulled out from under me, wife,family, house, job the lot. All that stability gone. 

It has taken years for me to get it all back again or so I thought to then find the rug yanked out again albeit to a much lesser degree, two insurers two lots of hassle. I had been with Intasure even longer than LV, never made a claim never gave them the slightest problem always just grateful to have cover and yank just iike that with no explanation and only two weeks warning.

Doesn't do much for your confidence does it? And the obvious question why the major step back after years of offering cover, why pull it  now? We are starting into an alleged recession and this is when these two companies decide to ditch paying customers? 

Edited
4 Years Ago by CC
east72
east72
Supreme Being

I joined LV in 2017 so would have been suitable for this why can’t they just all get the act together with same answers
CC
CC
Supreme Being

east72 - 24 Aug 20 7:33 PM
They really need to sort out what’s what, it’s so poor that one says one thing and another saying something else.

They are providing all this in writing. 
CC
CC
Supreme Being

east72 - 24 Aug 20 7:48 PM
Oh and did you ask about moving if it’s still classed as original policy or new policy ?

Hi yes moving is OK as long as the policy is kept current.
east72
east72
Supreme Being

Oh and did you ask about moving if it’s still classed as original policy or new policy ?
GO