theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Author
JASB
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)Supreme Being (96K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
east72 - 13 Aug 20 9:07 PM
CC - 13 Aug 20 7:43 PM
east72 - 12 Aug 20 6:15 PM
Who are people using for home insurance with SO i know its going to cost more than main steam but what on average are people paying over the normal pricing ? 

Hi I'm with LV and no problems but my offence is way more than 5 years old.

I was with LV but got renewel and scrolled across the front of the renewel is says "policy holder and anyone living in the property must not have any unspent criminal convictions" so i now can't renew with LV 

Hi

Was the offence for fraud as I only got vehicle insurance with LV 2 months ago and asked but that was the only offence stopping a policy

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope is for tomorrow else what is left if you remove a mans hope.
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
CC - 13 Aug 20 11:13 PM
east72 - 13 Aug 20 11:00 PM
CC - 13 Aug 20 10:47 PM
CC - 13 Aug 20 10:45 PM
east72 - 13 Aug 20 9:09 PM
[quote]
CC - 13 Aug 20 7:48 PM
I had an unpleasant  phone call today from Intasure who I have been with for years,  they cover my holiday lodge or rather did, today they telephoned to say they had changed their underwriters  who would not cover me from renewal (only two weeks away) I am now struggling to find an alternative insurer and if I don't soon will have to give up my place as insurance is mandatory.
Any ideas / suggestions  very welcome as my conviction remains unspent even though old.

Is it they won't cover the combination of holiday let and offence or is it the stopped covering holiday lets or the type of offence ?
Intasure have changed their underwriters who won't cover anyone with an unspent conviction. 

Intasure have changed their underwriters who refuse to cover anyone with an unspent conviction.

Can the likes of home protect help ?

Today I must have rung at tleast15 insurers with no luck I will continue to try tomorrow if I get any success I will post

Hi CC

Really sorry to hear about Intasure.; I'm guessing that holiday home insurance is a bit different from your usual house insurance.

If you haven't contacted them already it might be worth giving Broker2U a call. Their phone number is 01245 226318 and the contact there is Deborah Norton. I've heard some good things from others who've contacted her.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Debs

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

east72 - 13 Aug 20 11:00 PM
[quote]
I had an unpleasant  phone call today from Intasure who I have been with for years,  they cover my holiday lodge or rather did, today they telephoned to say they had changed their underwriters  who would not cover me from renewal (only two weeks away) I am now struggling to find an alternative insurer and if I don't soon will have to give up my place as insurance is mandatory.
Any ideas / suggestions  very welcome as my conviction remains unspent even though old.

Is it they won't cover the combination of holiday let and offence or is it the stopped covering holiday lets or the type of offence ?
Intasure have changed their underwriters who won't cover anyone with an unspent conviction. 

Intasure have changed their underwriters who refuse to cover anyone with an unspent conviction.

Today I must have rung at tleast15 insurers with no luck I will continue to try tomorrow if I get any success I will post
Edited
4 Years Ago by CC
east72
east72
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

[quote]

east72
east72
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)Supreme Being (16K reputation)

CC - 13 Aug 20 10:50 PM
Who are people using for home insurance with SO i know its going to cost more than main steam but what on average are people paying over the normal pricing ? 

I was with LV but got renewel and scrolled across the front of the renewel is says "policy holder and anyone living in the property must not have any unspent criminal convictions" so i now can't renew with LV 

Thats bad! I haven't had that but now I'm worried incase that will be heading for me on renewal. It seems like more insurers are on a campaign against ex offenders who they have in the past been happy to cover! 

I look at renewals to see nothing has changed and this just jumped out at me,  my heart sank worried about what to do Sad 
east72
east72
Supreme Being

Its getting silly, Criminal record has nothing to do with risk in most cases so the blanket ban is just a way to get more cash,  you could have a sentence of 4yrs and 1 month and be at risk but someone with a 4yr sentence will become spent and suddenly can insure with anyone.. I wish the government would look at reform and allow people who have had a hiccup in their life to be given a second chance ..
Edited
4 Years Ago by east72
CC
CC
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)Supreme Being (39K reputation)

Thats bad! I haven't had that but now I'm worried incase that will be heading for me on renewal. It seems like more insurers are on a campaign against ex offenders who they have in the past been happy to cover! 
CC
CC
Supreme Being

[quote]

CC
CC
Supreme Being

[quote]

east72
east72
Supreme Being

GO