theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Thanks. I’ll have a look into that too.
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)

Thought I’d add to this thread Dan.

I contacted the solicitors regulation authority and apparently they hold details of what happens to files when firms go into liquidation. They said their system has not updated so ring back in 30 days.

As for the solicitor I spoke to I’m not sure what to think. She’s the only one that replies in the area so I didn’t have anyone else to ask.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

If the solicitor you spoke to recently is still willing to take your emails and answer any questions, forward the information I posted in the standard shpo restrictions thread and see what she says. Solicitor who dealt with your case to begin with should have argued the notification of devices, but get confirmation from the solicitor you spoke too.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Yes, I’ll send her an email and see if she will respond to that question and information too.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Finally got a reply from someone connected to my original solicitors firm. They sent me an email. Hopefully will be able to get access to my file they hold.
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Annual form filling… I’ve heard of a case, and I’ve now had this myself, of being asked specifically what social media sites I’m on. Usernames are mandatory, what we do with them is not. I felt a LOT of pressure to answer this with the obvious feeling of ‘if you don’t answer, you’re hiding something’. I answered honestly but I wish I hadn’t answered at all. Anyone else had this?

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Mr W
Simon1983
Simon1983
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

This question always seems to come up, and these are not the only questions they are asking one example is car registration number. As the rules state there is nothing that says you are required to give this information, as we all know its name, date of birth, address etc etc they can add as many questions on the form as they like, but unless you have an active SOPO or SHPO that compiles you to enfrom PPU of all your social media and emails etc etc then my response is no, as there is no legal requirement.
Mr W
Mr W
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)Supreme Being (37K reputation)

Yes, you're absolutely right to do so. Like I say, I wish I didn't answer that Q now, it caught me off guard, but I wonder what their response would have been if I hadn't. I won't be answering it next year anyway.

=====
Fighting or Accepting - its difficult to know which is right and when.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Mr W
GO