theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Rossendales and contribution order?

Rossendales and contribution order?

Author
link
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
HI E72, I have good news to report...

I have had no further correspondence from rossendales but I agree they were typical "ballifs" on the phone and had no interests in the facts at hand etc.

I sent proof of my finances to the legal aid agency, bank statements, mortgage statements, credit card bills etc. A few days ago I had a reply saying that my debt had been reduced to nil, and to report any contact from rossendales directly to the legal aid agency... This was not the grovelling apology I was expecting and they haven't accepted any responsibility for the mistake but at least it's over I think!

I would recommend you contact the LAA directly as rosendales were no use to talk to, if they keep hassling you seek help from the CAB, hopefully you will have better luck!
link
link
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)Supreme Being (15K reputation)

Hi E72,

That doesn't sound very good... Have you spoken to the LAA or CAB?

You can contact the national courts team on 0115 8526013

Only they have the power to clear your debt so don't expect anything from rossendales other than threats and fear mongering!

On the same subject I sent letters to both the legal aid agency and rossendales, somehow the ones to rossendales got sent back to me claiming unpaid postage despite it being correct, so I'm now sending it back by recorded delivery along with the letter from the LAA proving my debt is now resolved!
link
link
Supreme Being

Well looks like this just won't go away... shakehead

A few weeks ago I got another letter from Rossendales, no longer demanding thousands but £500, I figured here we go again so I sent a nice little letter back to the LAA asking them if they could sort it out like they said they had before... Well today I get a snotty response saying I'm liable for the costs Rossendales incured basically chasing a debt I didn't owe because the LAA won't admit they made a mistake.

Needless to say huge complaint going out in post Monday morning!

Some days you think you've moved on.. They something comes and drags you back down.
link
link
Supreme Being

I can't believe there's already a post about these cowboys!

Last week I received a letter from rossendales claiming I owed them £4k and they had placed a charges order against my property... My court case was five years ago!!

After a very unpleasant phone call they claimed I had over £100k equity in my property... I informed them firstly I didn't even own the property anymore and secondly when I did own it I had a mortgage owing more than the value of the property!

Contacted legal aid agency and after a lot of being transfered between departments got through to the criminal team they told me there system showed I had an outstanding mortgage of £0.00... completely false!

LAA can't provide am original copy of my legal aid application and my solicitors don't have a copy... I'm in the process of sending them evidence to prove I had no equity at the time I was granted legal aid, I have no idea why it's taken five years for them to track me down, rossendales seem like a right outfit!
link
link
Supreme Being

Hi East,

Yes first I've heard of it... It's madness, Just wording up my letter to them now...
link
link
Supreme Being

Hi Christopher,

In respect to my old case or the situation now? They represented me from start to finish and I claimed legal aid through them... They are being helpful but not representing me against rossendales or the LAA etc.
link
link
Supreme Being

I don't know about E72's situation but I'm just waiting for the LAA to reply to me...

In brief I sent a huge stack of evidence to the LLA explaining my finances (or lack of them I should say), and a copy of it along with a 1000 word complaint to Rossendales about there handling of the situation... I'll let you know more once I hear anything!
Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)Supreme Being (132K reputation)

Sounds like a good outcome for you link. Great news.

Need Unlock's advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline

Need Unlocks advice? Visit our self-help information site or contact our helpline
caterpillar
caterpillar
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)

Hi, are you asking me?

I plead not guilty to Section 18. On the day of the trial I plead guilty to Section 20 (As I had offered previously during pre-trial). The judge accepted my plea and reserved my case for his special treatment at my sentencing. The rest is history.

I got 16 months for it.
caterpillar
caterpillar
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)Supreme Being (12K reputation)

Just to let you know, Rossendales were the company assigned to collect my legal aid contributions whilst I was awaiting trial.

Didn't find too many issues with them, but I made sure I kept up with the payments to gain the full credit.
GO