theForum is run by the charity Unlock. We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions but we may intervene and take any action as we think necessary. Further details can be found in our terms of use. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report-a-post button or email us at forum@unlock.org.uk.

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Sex Offenders Annual Registration Help

Author
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Sorry I didn't see this. 
I received a community order for 2 years and 5 years SHPO and sex offenders register. 
This May ill be 3 years through.
Yes originally I was informed there would be no SHPO and then one was issued at sentencing which I hadn't seen in advance. 
I know social services had a disclosure as they contacted my mother in relation to bro and sis, they sent a letter saying no action needed. 
I also know DBS were informed and alter I made representations they decided not to place me on any of the barred lists. 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)Supreme Being (27K reputation)

Having trouble replying again, sorry if there are duplicates. 
Just to add..
I complete the community order with no issues and the horizon course.
Was always told I was doing well.
Last officer visit, they mentioned polygraph testing and that its optional but also that they can get the SHPO renewed after 5 years if needed, scare tactic for some reason? Id love to know on what grounds?
Tel appt with solicitor on Friday afternoon. 
Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

Well I’ve made my notes and questions.
Let’s hope the money spent gets me some answers.
xDanx
xDanx
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)Supreme Being (24K reputation)

Good luck and let us know how it all goes.

Mark15788
Mark15788
Supreme Being

I’m not sure if the cost of the appointment was well spent..

In terms of smith compliant she said in her eyes it is, she did mention two further points though.

1. Yes it’s correct I should of been given a copy before sentencing, however she suspects the solicitor received a copy and failed to show me.

2. The device prohibitation. She said with technology changing and advancing and more and more products connecting to the internet. If it got to the point where I was always attending the station to report something, maybe that prohibitation could be more specific to what devices it includes. On the back of that though, 2 years left, by the time she submitted it and the courts worked through backlogs, is it worth it and the money? A choice for me.
GO